By Philip John Siow, class of 1948, (Founder Committee Member)
SPI Sec New Administration Building
The construction of the new building began in May 2011 and was completed in April 2012. The main purpose of the building was to extend the staffroom to accommodate the increasing number on teachers. There was also a need for a proper Archives Room and a Data Room.
The new building has three floors. The ground floor houses 3 Living Skills Workshops. These are additions to the existing 3 workshops on the same level. The extended staffroom occupies the first floor. This level is linked to the existing staffroom by 2 ramps. On the second floor, there are 4 rooms, namely an additional Resource materials room, A data storage room, the Archives Room and a classroom for one Upper Six class.
The furniture for the 1st and 2nd floors were donated by old Paulians from the Class of 1967, through the initiation of Mr. Barney Lee, who was the main donor (Pls refer to Donors’ List).
The staffroom is now fully occupied by the teachers (from the morning and afternoon sessions). Meanwhile, the school office, the administrators’ rooms and the old staffroom (to be occupied by the afternoon session teachers) are being renovated and work is expected to be completed by the end of June.
The classroom is used by the students of Upper Six 5. The Archives Room, Resource Materials Room and Data Storage Room are being equipped in stages.
SPI Secondary is very grateful to all who have contributed in making this building a reality.
Project Consultants: Ir. Thomas Thamboe & Mr. Michael Yan
Donors for the new Administrative Block at St. Paul's Institution (Sec)